"Allegro As-Saye" is a new episode of Pencil 2.O, and until recently, there has been neither number nor date associated. In this episode, the Schreibers join a family-themed game show, while Saye must pass an elite school entrance exam (as announced on the recent blog post)
Wednesday, September 25, 2013[edit | edit source]
Living room[edit source]
- Pencil: ♫ La la la... ding dang dong... this is me public domain 'ummin' song. ♫
[The older kids, Saye and Sio, return home, except for Javier, who is at the library. Saye is excited for some reason.]
- Saye: Mum, Mum, Mum!
- Pencil: Wot, wot, wot?
- Saye: I have some big news.
- Pencil: This'd better not be h'another meetin'.
- Saye: No, it's better! I—
- Sio: Saye might be accepted into the ASSAI Academy after her friend was!
- Saye: Aye, that's about what I was going to say. Go to your room!
[Exit Sio, laughing.]
- Pencil: Oi, oi, wait a second, wait a secon'!
- Saye: Yeah, Mum?
- Pencil: Can someone tell me wot'n'ale this ASSAI H'academy's to be?
- Saye: It's this really fancy private school in Nairobi Heights!
- Pencil: [interested] Ah, Nairobi 'Eights? 'A'e they got links ter any Catholic churches?
- Saye: Wait, aren't we Jewish?
- Pencil: Depends on whether I am.
- Saye: Oh, I see. Huh? Anyway, I have no idea what goes on in that school, but I want in.
- Pencil: We'll 'a'e to see h'until yer father comes 'ome.
- Saye: Where is he, anyway? He has no job!
[Enter Pen, who opens the door at the perfect time. He is carrying a stack of papers.]
- Pen: Daddy's home!
- Pencil: Don' e'er use those words around anybody, e'er!
- Pen: Hey, babe. [He and Pencil kiss.]
- Pencil: Wot's all those papers fer?
- Pen: Y'know—
- Saye: Dad, Dad, I've just become interested in applying to ASSAI!
- Pen: That's interesting—Kids, come over here, with dispatch!
[All of the other children enter the room. A. R. I.]
- Ximena: Yeah?
- Qalam-Rassas: What goes on, father?
- Salvador: What's with the papers; they make you look like you're employed.
- Pen: You small ladies and gentlemen, I have just signed all eleven of us up to the greatest game show in Kenyan history, Clash of Sects!
- Yaretzi: Clash of Sects is the greatest show ever!
- Pencil: An' a double entendre on top o' thet.
[Everyone is excited and speaks at once.]
- Saye: [trying to shout over the other voices] Omg, it is possibly one of the most expensive private schools in the country—and that is because literally no one in my classes have heard about that, trust me; I've asked around the whole wide world because I was voted MISS CONGENIALITY!
- Pencil: Oi, oi, wait a secon'!
[Everyone goes silent.]
- Pencil: I thought we'd a distrust fer bein' on bad television. Remember BFDI, h'anyone?
- Citlali: You mean that ray of sunshine, which might as well be the only reason I have a role in the popularity opera that is school?
- Pen: But this is different! We won't be playing people who we're not; we'll be ourselves! And you love watching Clash of Sects when we do the thing with the sugar.
- Pencil: Oh, h'I suppose... oh h'o h'o, y'know 'ow much I do love thet sugar.
[Everyone goes silent again.]
- Pencil: Wot'r'ee lookin' at? Scram, y'lot!
[Exeunt omnes, running in different directions—Saye sulks and walks to her room slowly.]
Girls' room[edit source]
- Yaretzi: Aw, what's wrong?
- Saye: Oh bother, it's not like it's about you.
- Ximena: Have you got a crush?
[Saye says nothing.]
- Ximena: She has a crush.
[Ximena and Yaretzi squeal in excitement.]
- Yaretzi: Is he an... older guy?
- Ximena: Or is he young, but, like, so smart?
- Zorah: I bet he's one of those magical people who study at ASSAI.
[Saye gets up.]
- Saye: Oi, what've you just said about ASSAI?
- Zorah: I've been selling some mixes I got on the Internet, and a lot of customers come from ASSAI.
- Saye: Really? Are they my age? Because I've got a friend—
- Zorah: Oh, they're all interesting people. I can't say any more about it, though, or else the robots are going to kick me out of the website again.
- Saye: Ora, that's just one of Sio's stupid inventions. There's no way your mobile phones have got a chance of ever listening to you, right?
- Zorah: Whatever.
- Yaretzi: What is going on, anyway?
- Saye: [sigh] I've wanted to apply to that school, but no one wants to listen to me!
- Zorah: Oh